Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Suzuki DRZ400 Engine Swap

I bought a Suzuki DRZ400 about six months ago from a friend.  The bike ran good and I was very happy with it.  When I purchased the bike it had a small oil leak behind the front sprocket which I thought would be an easy fix (new seal).  When I replaced the seal I realized that the bearing inside the case had been cracked by something (looked like a screwdriver mark).  Now this could have been done prior to me purchasing it or maybe I did it myself.  We tried sealing the hole, but we did not have any luck.  My thought then was to pull the engine off of the bike and fix it.  To fix the hole I would need to pull the top end off of the bike and split the cases.  Just as I was planning to begin this project I found the exact same engine on ebay for a good price.  The engine looked great and I felt more comfortable just swapping the engine instead of pulling it completely apart.  The engine arrived quickly and I proceeded to swap engines.  Here are the videos of the swap.



Engine Swap  




Cold Start With Replacement Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment